Thursday, September 20, 2007

Things not to say to your trainer

Yesterday was leg day and my day to work out with Cory, my trainer. He is also a competitive power lifter so he knows what he's talking about and how to get me ready. I push myself pretty hard, though, so I wonder how much worse I would get if I was thinking about how to win against other people

ANYWAY, he started me off with squats, doing light weight (for me...125 lbs) so I could focus on form. After a few sets, I said, "well, that wasn't tough."

"If you want a tough workout, I can do that," he replied.

"Sure...do your worst," I challenged. Silly me.

He then proceeded to put me through leg extensions, leg curls, lunges, and some hamstring exercise with the stability ball that I think was actually designed as torture during the Spanish Inquisition. Can't complain though...I asked for it. And I would probably not complain anway, since 1) I don't like to and 2) I can't argue with the results so far. I was tired, but it wasn't so bad (just don't tell Cory). It's good to balance all the quad work with hamstrings anyway. I am a little sore today but able to walk normally. Cardio tonight on the recumbent bike should help loosen things up again.

No comments: