Tuesday, November 13, 2007

hobbling along

I am happy to report that I am walking in a more normal fashion, though still more slowly than I'd like.

I came down with a cold early last week and by Friday, I had laryngitis. That was pretty much it for me - I thought, "OK, I can't walk, I can barely breathe, and now I can't talk either." So I crashed on Friday night, cancelled all my plans for the weekend, and hibernated. That was definitely the best thing for the cold, and all that rest helped my leg heal too. There's a lot less swelling and bruising than there was a week ago, and I'm sure that has a lot to do with easier walking. And it really doesn't hurt...that much. Of course, I am doing (mostly) what I was instructed to do, with resting, ice, etc. so that helps too. We'll see what Kevin says later this week when I go for physical therapy.

No comments: