Monday, November 26, 2007

Thankful

Just before the Thanksgiving holiday, I got the news from my physical therapist that I am now running about 1 week ahead of schedule on recovery. I walking almost normally now and am able to generate a decent amount of power with the injured muscle. So now I get to do some resistance work to continue building the muscle back up, and some light stretching. I am very happy about that and will probably get to add dead lifts back to my workout routine soon.

I went to karate class on Saturday (exempted from running or jumping, of course), and we learned a very cool technique for quickly bringing someone down by exerting pressure on the right point of their hand while twisting the wrist. It's amazing how little effort it takes. I have been practicing it on every victim I can find, ever since. :-)

No comments: