Thursday, November 15, 2007

not as bad as it looked

Positive news from today's physical therapy...Kevin revised his assessment of the injury down to a 20% tear (versus to 20-50% as he'd said initially). He was very happy with the mobility and level of strengh I am getting now at nearly two weeks. The muscle had basically shut down right after the injury, and that's what worried him and led him to estimate more of a tear. I am making good progress, but I am still looking at another 3 - 4 weeks to heal. Yay, I get a gold star for actually doing what I was advised to do. ;-)

Of course, I then had to ask whether I could quit wearing the Ace bandage, start using my exercise bike yet, etc. etc. Kevin just gave me a wry little smile and said, "you know, you've made such great progress so quickly, I want you to just keep doing what you are doing." He knows me pretty well after about 8 years of repairing various injuries, so I can tell he's trying to keep me from overdoing it. And he's right...I probably would, if he gave me any wiggle room.

Meanwhile, Cory has me using the weight machines and then picking up my feet off the ground to engage the core and further take weight off my injured leg. That made things challenging and interesting enough that I didn't miss my power lifts too much...yet.

No comments: