Monday, October 29, 2007

ichi-ni-san-shi*

Karate class was good on Saturday. We had a different instructor this time, who did a great job of explaining what each block, punch etc. would be used for in actual combat, as she is a black belt who has been in lots of tournaments. I always like hearing the practical application of things. We also started putting together some kick-punch-block combinations, which was pretty cool. I was very glad we didn't do as many push-ups as usual, because I had implemented the 5-set heavy lift combination on bench press the day before and was a little sore as a result. At least my shoulder was still behaving after all that.

The week before, the other instructor had us doing wind sprints, which I hadn't done since I was on the volleyball team in high school. I was able to run faster than I thought I could, so I was happy about that.

*Japanese for one-two-three-four

No comments: